NOVA Geotechnical & Inspection Services (NOVA), formerly Owens Geotechnical, Inc. (OGI), was established in 2001 in Las Vegas, Nevada to provide geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, soils inspection and testing, construction materials testing and special inspections to the Las Vegas Valley and surrounding areas. Led by James Bristow, a creative materials engineer and Martin Jensen, one of Nevada’s most established and well-respected geotechnical engineers, NOVA will provide your organization with the highest of quality services as required and expected. With 30+ years of knowledge and technical expertise, you will find the difference James, Martin and their team of professionals make to be significantly beneficial to your projects. NOVA’s recommendations have saved our clients time and money while also striving to minimize liabilities and promote an efficient construction process. NOVA’s professional staff of engineers, geologists, scientists, inspectors, technicians, and specialty consultants has over 100 years of collective engineering and construction experience and 300 certifications and/or licenses.
- Reporting & Scheduling Operation NOVA possesses the latest generation scheduling & planning software for all members' daily field and office assignments. In addition, NOVA team members are provided with the last generation communication tools which allow us to work rapidly, efficiently and economically.
- Latest generation communication tool NOVA team members are provided with the last generation communication tools which allow us to work rapidly, efficiently and economically.
- Learning Experience Trough Generations NOVA currently has 3 generations of Professional Engineers, Engineers in Training and engineering and science students. NOVA combines some of the most experienced professionals, many which have worked for prestigious national consulting firms and public agencies
- “Learners to Leaders” Internship Program James started in this program himself 12 years ago under Mr. Mark Owens, his success in the program is the reason that James continues to utilize the program as a vital part of NOVA’s staffing efforts
- FRI - Fueling The Future NOVA is Proactive in supporting local economic initiatives including the Clark County Fuel Revenue Indexing (FRI) ordinance that funds local transportation projects and will create more than 9,000 jobs.
- Promoting Team Work Trust can only be built through respectful interaction and cooperative teamwork between employees. By continuously professionally engaging employees and setting the bar high where it comes to interpersonal skills and communications standards, others are encouraged to do the same.
- Consulting Meetings Lunch and Learn doesn’t have to be a lesson. What’s different about ours is that it’s unique to the Project. Even though we all work together in the same industry, we’re on different teams and we might not know what everyone is working on all the time. These NOVA presentations help our outside team members to understand our work and our continuous efforts throughout the project process.
- WRYMC 2014 – Phoenix AZ NOVA proudly sponsors every year to send a team of our young engineers to the ASCE Western Region Younger Member Council (WRYMC). This leadership training event is an excellent opportunity for both leaders and younger members, while gaining skills for how to be a better leader.
- Over 30 Clark County Certified Inspectors NOVA’s special inspectors and construction testing technicians have undergone a thorough certification process that will ensure that your project is built per plan and with quality materials. A thorough understanding of sampling techniques, testing procedures, verification procedures, and the application of various building materials is what differentiates a NOVA special inspector.
- Community Service Projects Solar Decathlon @ Springs Reserve On 2014 NOVA supported UNLV Solar Decathlon 1st Place winners during the construction at The Springs Reserve in Las Vegas. NOVA provided professional service hours throughout the construction of the project.
- Community Outreach Construction Career Day @ UNLV Construction Career Day is about introducing high school students to careers in the construction industry and construction-related fields, including the trades, construction management and engineering. It's designed to educate our youth about a professional industry that is exciting, lucrative and full of prospects for career development.
- Community Service Projects Solar Decathlon @ Springs Reserve NOVA is part of the Community Involvement Committee for the General Contractors association of Southern Nevada. As part of their efforts supporting the community, NOVA join their team towards the construction of the ”City Impact Center” of Las Vegas.
- Community Outreach Boys & Girls Club – Kids Night Out Kids Night Out serves two important purposes. First, it provides an opportunity for Club members (children ages 5-18) to see a “star”, a positive role model who cares enough about them to perform in their honor. In addition, the event provides an opportunity for the Clubs to raise much needed funds to operate core Boys & Girls Clubs youth development programs for nearly 8,000 urban core youth annually.
- Community Service Projects Habitat For Humanity - ReStore Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture and home accessories to the public at a fraction of the retail price. NOVA Team in coordinations with YMF and APWA-YP helped on the remodeling of a new location in Las Vegas.
- Community Outreach Stick Bridge Model 5th Grade Competition NOVA Engineers have adopted Gibson Elementary School for which they volunteer and conduct orientation classes explaining the basics to start with the stick bridge design and construction.
Community Service Projects Earth Week @ The Springs Reserve
NOVA Team Joined Parsons Brinckerhoff Team on celebrating Earth Week. The team helped on the construction of the “Butterfly Habitat” at The Springs Reserve. Hundreds of butterflies and an array of plants will take up residence at this new, seasonal exhibit.
- Community Outreach AGC – “Back to School 2014” NOVA joined AGC Efforts towards the Back to School Campaign, to ensure that all the children have the same opportunities as their peers and make the most of their academic experience. This campaign makes the school year bigger and brighter than ever for our children. Last Year the campaign brougth a joyous and enriching experience for the more than 80 children in the program.
- Community Service Projects Las Vegas Wash Green-up NOVA Team Joined ASCE-YMF and APWA-YP on the Wash Green-up Day. Since April 2001, the LVWCC has organized the Las Vegas Wash Green-Up each spring and fall. Thanks to funding from the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection and the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the Green-Up is part of an ongoing effort to protect and enhance the ecosystem along the Las Vegas Wash.